GYMNASTICS DANCE THEORY
1. Clap and Count 4 bars of 3/4.
2. What part of the head do you use in a forward roll?
Top of the back / spine.
3. Do you use your shoulders or back in a circle roll?
4. Do we place the hands in a Cartwheel one at a time or at the same time?
One at a time.
1. Clap and Count 2 bars of 4/4.
2. Where do you place your hands in a Bridge?
They face in towards the feet, placed under the shoulders.
3. What position are your head and hands in a Headstand?
They make a triangle shape, head at the top of the triangle hands either side.
4. Is the back leg straight or bent in a Split Leap?
1. What do we use to help us Turn?
We must use the eyes, head and arms.
2. Explain why we do a warm up.
The warm up should gently prepare the body for exercises by gradually increasing the heart rate and circulation.
3. What must you be careful of in a handstand into a forward Roll?
Not to go to high up in a handstand.
4. What must you do in a backward roll to help you go over?
We must push strongly on the arms.
1. Explain some Various Cartwheels.
Two handed, one handed, second one handed, Ariel.
2. What part of the back do you bend in a Handstand to Bridge?
You bend the middle of the back.
3. Are the legs straight in a hitch kick?
4. When recovering from a bridge, what must you do?
Tuck chin into chest, push up through the pelvis and bring your arms above your head.
5. Explain a Back Catch.
Holding the leg with both hands behind the body and pulling the leg towards the head.
1. Where do we place our hands in a Backward Walkover to make it easier?
As close as possible to the feet.
2. Where do we place the arms in an elbow balance to sustain the balance?
Equal distance apart, underneath the shoulders.
3. Does the Toe touch the Floor in a Tick Tock?
Yes it does.
4. Explain the difference between a back drop and a back bend?
You go straight back in a back bend and you spiral the body in a back drop.
5. What is a Tail Spin?
Spin on the bottom completing one turn.